Fearless, flexible publishing guidance for indie and hybrid authors.
Whether you’re seeking an agent, working with a small press, or self-publishing, finding your way to your readers can be daunting. Outrider Literary can help you chart a course that serves you, your book, and your intended audience.
Meghan Pinson and Sunny Cooper (founder of Follow the Buffalo, Blackbird Fellow with A Room of Her Own Foundation) launched Outrider Literary in 2014 after meeting at Writer’s Digest Conference West in Los Angeles the year before. We waved at each other across the crowded halls like lifelong comadres and bonded over books, boots, and buffalo. We met in Palm Springs, where Sunny dreamed up the vision, Meghan lassoed the details, and together we marked up a map of the publishing world for the indie and hybrid authors we love.
Guidance for publication and distribution
- Formatting choices: How to DIY, who to hire
- Audiobooks: How to get in on the best game in town
- Metadata management: Making sure your books are distributed and listed effectively
- Marketing plans: Referrals to smart, savvy marketers that fit your budget and style
- Authority & expertise – how to develop & present your credentials
- Social media management – help crafting profiles that drive traffic & engage readers
- Reader engagement – how to find and connect with your readers online and in real life
- Strategic blogging – help planning rich, original content that drives book sales
- Book descriptions: Compelling content for query letters, book proposals, pitches, jacket copy, metadata, and more
- Author websites: Referrals to pros who understand books and their authors
- Cover design: Referrals to professionals who won’t let you look like a rube
If you’re charting your own course, contact us.